This page provides access to documents issued by UNESCO's Communication and Information Sector and intended for a limited distribution: discussion papers and information material prepared for a restricted number of specialists.
Download Acrobat reader to open the PDF files.
- A Government Policy Development Template to Progress Effective Implementation of Open Educational Resources (OER): Draft Document
2013; 33 p.
- Assessment of Media Development in Ecuador – 2011; based on UNESCO’s Media Development Indicators
2011; 171 p. Also available in Spanish
- Communication and Information: Towards a Prospective Research Agenda; report on a workshop; final version may 2008
2008; 32 p.
Brainstorming workshop on communication and information research; Paris; 2007
- Community information and technology centres: focus on South-East Asia
Moore, Nick; 2007; 42 p.
- E-Readiness in the Asia-Pacific Region: Results of a survey to assess the need for ICT training for information professionals in the region
CAVAL Collaborative Solutions
2006; 46 p.
- Guidelines for open educational resources (OER) in higher education
2011; 27 p.; also available in French
- How to Write a Documentary Script
Trisha Das; 2007; 52 p.
- Information for All Programme: Information Society Policies. Annual World Report 2009
2010; 61 p.
- Information literacy competency and readership study of five specific localities in urban, industrial and semi-urban areas of Kolkata metropolitan city
Dutta, Chaitali; 2008; 63 p.
- Interview with Aldo Havugimana, Managing Director of Radio Salus in Butare, Rwanda
- Interview with the first blind radio journalist in Rwanda, Léonidas Ndayisaba (realised by his colleague Prudent Nsengiyumva)
- Legal and policy framework for promoting equitable access to documentary heritage: report submitted to UNESCO by National Mission for Manuscripts, India
2008; 75 p.
- Manual de procesamiento documental para colecciones de patrimonio cultural
Bazante, Violeta; 2008; 158 p. ; EC/2008/CI/PI/9 (in Spanish)
- Mass communication internship job placement manual: a handbook on vocational job placement best practices (Liberia)
Kpanbayeazee Duworko, Samuel; Kpargoi, Lamii; Randall, Lawrence; 2008; 25 p.
- Media coverage of science and technology in Africa
Sponsored by UNESCO; Department of Journalism and Communication; School of Languages, Literature and Communication; College of Humanities and Social Sciences; Makerere University; Kampala, Uganda
2011; 39 p.
- Memory of the World: general guidelines to safeguard documentary heritage
Edmondson, Ray; 2002; 72 p. Available in Arabic, French, English, Russian, Spanish
- MOST and Initiative B@bel funded research: Language on the Internet
Wright, Sue; 2005; 8 p. Also available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish and Kiswahili
- National Information Society Policy: A Template
2009; 143 p.; CI.2010/WS/2.
- Pacific Islands television survey: report 2002
Bentley, James E.; 2002; 31 p.
- Policy guidelines for the development and promotion of governmental public domain information
Uhlir, Paul F.; 2004; 44 p. ; CI.2004/WS/5
- Production costs of audiovisual works in developing countries
Emmanuel Cocq, Groupe d’Economie Mondiale at SCPO Paris, for UNESCO; 2007; 110 p.
- Reports and conclusions of the thematic meetings organized by UNESCO in preparation of the second meeting of the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS)
2005; 29 p.; also available in French
- Survey of Endangered Audiovisual Carriers
Boston, George; 2003; 45 p.
- The World Digital Library and Universal Access to Knowledge
2009; 7 p.
- Transitional Justice Reporting Audit: Review of Media Coverage of the Truth and Reconciliation Process in Liberia, January-February 2008 report
Randall, Lawrence; Pulano, Cosme R.; 2008; 35 p.
- Transitional Justice Reporting Audit: A Review of Media Coverage of the Transitional Justice Process in Liberia, March-May 2008 report
2008; 25 p.
- UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers
2011; 92 p.; also available in French
- Women and radio in the Maghreb
2010; 96 p. (in French)
- Woman and television in the Maghreb
2009; 62 p. (in French)