Do you have what it takes to become a UNESCO City of Design?
The following list of criteria and characteristics serves as a guide for cities interested in joining the network as a City of Design:
- Established design industry;
- cultural landscape fuelled by design and the built environment (architecture, urban planning, public spaces, monuments, transportation, signage and information systems, typography, etc.);
- design schools and design research centres;
- practicing groups of creators and designers with a continuous activity at a local and/or national level;
- experience in hosting fairs, events and exhibits dedicated to design;
- opportunity for local designers and urban planners to take advantage of local materials and urban/natural conditions;
- design-driven creative industries, e.g. architecture and interiors, fashion and textiles, jewelry and accessories, interaction design, urban design, sustainable design, etc.
Design cities collaboration:
UNESCO related programmes: