Do you have what it takes to become a UNESCO City of Film?
The following list of criteria and characteristics serves as a guide for cities interested in joining the network as a City of Film:
- Important infrastructure related to cinema, e.g. film studios, film landscapes/environments, etc.;
- Continuous or proven links to the production, distribution and commercialization of films;
- Experience in hosting film festivals, screenings and other film-related events;
- Collaborative initiatives at a local, regional and international level;
- Film heritage in the form of archives, museums, private collections and/or film institutes;
- Filmmaking schools and training centres;
- Effort in disseminating films produced and/or directed locally or nationally;
- Initiatives to encourage knowledge-sharing on foreign films.
- International Association of Film and Television Schools (CILECT)
- The International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF)