Do you have what it takes to become a UNESCO City of Music?
The following list of criteria and characteristics serves as a guide for cities interested in joining the network as a City of Music:
- Recognized centres of musical creation and activity;
- experience in hosting musical festivals and events at a national or international level;
- promotion of the music industry in all its forms;
- music schools, conservatories, academies and higher education institutions specialized in music;
- informal structures for music education, including amateur choirs and orchestras;
- domestic or international platforms dedicated to particular genres of music and/or music from other countries;
- cultural spaces suited for practicing and listening to music, e.g. open-air auditoriums.
Music cities collaboration: