Do you have what it takes to become a UNESCO City of Film?
The following list of criteria and characteristics serves as a guide for cities interested in joining the network as a City of Film:
- Notable infrastructure related to filmmaking, i.e. film studios, cultural/movie landscapes, cinematographic memorabilia, etc;
- historic links to the production, distribution and commercialization of films, especially within a native/local and culturally relevant context;
- cinematographic legacy in the form of archives, museums, private collections and/or film schools;
- tradition of hosting film festivals, screenings and cinematographic events;
- birthplace, residence and/or workplace of creators and artists in the film industry;
- depiction of the city in films, preferably realized by native creators and artists;
- existing films about the city.
- International Association of Film and Television Schools (CILECT)
- International Council for Film, Television and Audiovisual Communication (IFTC)
- The International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF)
- Union Internationale du Cinéma (UNICA)