Periodic Reporting on the Implementation of the 2005 Convention
Monday 10 June 2013, 3.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. CET
Room II, UNESCO Headquarters, Paris
Watch the video of the session
English | French | Floor (no interpretation)
The interpretation of proceedings serves to facilitate communication and does not constitute an authentic record of the proceedings. Only the original speech is authentic.
During this session, Parties to the Convention engaged in a direct dialogue with the international experts whose contributions informed the Secretariat’s analytical summary of the Parties’ first 45 quadrennial periodic reports submitted in 2012.
These experts were: Teresa Hoefert de Turegano (Spain), Yudhishthir Raj Isar (India / France), Keith Nurse (Barbados) and Mike Van Graan (South Africa).
The exchange session was structured around three themes that were highlighted during the Committee’s debate on periodic reporting in December 2012. Each expert made a few observations around the questions raised by the Committee, after which there was an exchange with the Parties on each theme.
- how best could Parties benefit from the knowledge gained through the reporting exercise?
- what are the issues of common interest, and how can implementation challenges be addressed?
- how could the relationship between the Convention and other legal instruments better be clarified?
The Report of the exchange session will notably guide the Secretariat’s future activities to strengthen national capacities, train national stakeholders in the preparation of periodic reports and to foster information and best practice sharing among Parties.
Find out more
- Full outline of the exchange session
- 45 ways to implement the Convention
- Quadrennial Periodic Reports website