Indicator Suite national workshop in Costa Rica
The UNESCO Culture for Development Indicator Suite workshop, organized by the UNESCO Field Office in San José on 6 April 2011 launched the test phase of the Suite in Costa Rica.
This project will contribute to maximizing the important efforts undertaken at national level to measure the impact of culture, notably the key results from the National system of cultural indicators, the first study of cultural practices, and the Atlas of Cultural Infrastructure.
Within this promising context, the objective of the workshop was:
- To present the Suite and to raise awareness of the importance of measuring the relationships between culture and development
- To explore the possibilities for collaboration between key partners
- To establish a work plan for the collection and analysis of data
24 participants attended, including representatives from the ministries of Education, Culture and Youth, Planning and Telecommunications, as well as gender, apprenticeships, tourism and statistics institutes, Office of the Ombudsman, the Inter-American Institute for Human Rights, the Latin American Faculty of Social Sciences, and the School of Journalism.
The workshop provided an opportunity to elaborate a work plan to collect the information necessary to construct the Indicator Suite in Costa Rica and to deepen the contextualization of the dimensions related to gender equality and cultural heritage.
Workshop documents (in Spanish)
- Workshop report, UNESCO Field Office in San José and Eculgest
- Context Presentation on “Culture and Development”, UNESCO Field Office in San José and Eculgest
- Presentation on the Indicator Suite, UNESCO Field Office in San José
- Presentation “Progress in cultural indicators”, Ministry of Culture and Youth
Principal Partners in Costa Rica