A Steering Committee composed of representatives from UNESCO and the European Commission evaluated and selected applications for technical assistance missions on the basis of the following categories of criteria:
- Relevance: To what extent is the proposed request for technical assistance suited to the objectives and principles of the Project and the Convention? To what extent is the application relevant to the objectives and priorities described in the Call for applications?
- Feasibility: Are the stated goals of the proposed technical assistance mission realistically attainable within the expected timeframe (maximum of 63 working days allotted by application) and with the proposed human and financial resources?
- Effectiveness: To what extent does the request for technical assistance help the beneficiary implement its project and meet the needs and priorities of its country?
- Sustainability: Are measures/policies/impact resulting from technical assistance likely to continue and grow after the completion of the mission?
- Call for applications (PDF)