The Director-General Addresses the Plenary Session of the 191st Session of the Executive Board
The Executive Board of UNESCO meets at Organization’s Headquarters in Paris until 26 April to review the new Draft Medium-Term Strategy- 2014-2021, and Programme and Budget for 2014-2017.
In her opening address to the Plenary Session, the Director-General of UNESCO, Irina Bokova, presented the activities of the Organization over the past months, highlighting the scale of efforts undertaken to implement the programmes and to pursue reform, despite financial difficulties. UNESCO has been mobilized at the global level and in the field, notably for example in Mali. The Organization stands also at the forefront of such important global initiatives as the United Nations’ Secretary-General Global Education First Initiative.
- Read the full speech (multilingual)
- 37 C/4 Draft Medium-Term Strategy (2014-2021)
- 37 C/5 Programme and Budget Draft Resolutions (2014-2017)
- The Director-General holds a new round of consultation meetings on the preparation of the new Medium-Term Strategy
- Preliminary proposals by the Director-General concerning the draft Medium-Term Strategy (37 C/4) and draft Porgramme and Budget (37 C/5)
- Decisions adopted by the Executive Board at its 190th Session
<- Back to: All News