Emergency actions in Libya
Training workshop for the Libyan Police on the prevention and fight against illicit trafficking of cultural property, Shahat, Libya, 17-26 November 2013
Meeting with the Libyan Minister of Culture, Tripoli, Libya, end of October (date to be fixed)
Training workshop for the Libyan Police on the prevention and fight against illicit trafficking of cultural property, Sabratha, Libya, 15-26 September 2013
Introductory workshop on Prevention and Fight against Illicit Trafficking of Libyan Cultural Property, Tripoli, Libya, 27-30 April 2013
- Press release, 23 May 2012:
Director-General concerned about attacks on World Heritage site of Ghadamès (Libya)
- International expert meeting on Libyan cultural heritage, UNESCO Headquarters, 21 October 2011
Libyan experts and international archeological missions participated in this meeting, as well as international cultural institutions and UNESCO partner organizations active in this field.
The meeting aimed at exchanging information on the situation in Libya and initiating a network of experts and institutions with a view to a future support to Libya.
- Recommendations EN | FR | AR
- Press release, 20 October 2011:
UNESCO convenes Libyan and international experts meeting for the safeguard of Libya’s cultural heritage
- Press release, 25 August 2011:
Director-General urges measures to protect Libya’s cultural heritage through period of transition
- Press release, 16 March2011:
UNESCO mobilizes experts and civil society partners to safeguard heritage in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya
- Technical emergency meeting on the protection of cultural heritage in Egypt, Libya and Tunisa, under the presidence of UNESCO's Director-General, 15 March 2011, UNESCO Headquarters.