Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is the UNESCO Database of National Cultural Heritage Laws for?
- What type of information is stored in the UNESCO Database of National Cultural Heritage Laws?
- How do I search the Database?
- What is meant by "cultural heritage"?
- Protecting the cultural heritage, but from what? New dangers?
- What policies is UNESCO employing to protect the cultural heritage?
- Is UNESCO alone in its efforts to protect the cultural heritage?
National legislation and international legal instruments
- What types of standard-setting instrument can be found in the Database?
- What are import and export certificates for cultural property for?
- What is the difference between national legislation and international texts?
- What types of legal instruments does UNESCO use at the international level to protect the cultural heritage?
- Which international texts govern the cultural heritage?
- What is the "Member States Area" for?
- Who provides the information on national laws contained in the Database?
- How is the online data protected?
- Is the legislation online still in force?
- I would like to export and/or import cultural property. From whom can I find out more?
- Are there any free publications or brochures on the protection of cultural heritage?
- If I have a question, comment or feedback about the UNESCO Database of National Cultural Heritage Laws, who do I contact?