Rabat Conference on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage
From 07-03-2006 to 09-03-2006
This meeting was held in the framework of UNESCO's strategy to promote the Underwater Cultural Heritage Convention in the Arab states.
The conference was organized for the purpose of
- bringing together competent regional authorities and experts to: provide a forum based on their experiences of the practical and legal issues relating to the protection and management of underwater cultural heritage at the national level;
- raising awareness among the participating Member States on the 2001 Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage and encourage them to facilitate and accelerate its entry into force in their regions;
- improve cooperation between the various states in the region and the implementation of legal protection for their underwater cultural heritage.
The participants adopted recommendations for the ratification and implementation of the UNESCO 2001 Convention in the Arab states and Mediterranean region.
- Document 1 :agenda
- Document 2 :opening speech (French only)
- Document 3 :final report (French only)
- Document 4 :recommendations (French only)
- Start Date :07-03-2006
- End Date :09-03-2006
- Event Type :Conference
- Event Location :Rabat, Morocco
- Organizer :UNESCO, in co-operation with the Kingdom of Morocco.
<- Back to: Underwater Cultural Heritage