Asia-Pacific regional conference on Underwater Cultural Heritage
Inaugural Asian Academy for Heritage Management (AAHM)
The Asia-Pacific regional conference on Underwater Cultural Heritage took place from 8 to 12 November 2011in Manila, Philippines, hosted by the National Museum of the Philippines and the University of the Philippines.
Professionals from throughout the Indian and Pacific oceans gathered in Manila, Philippines for the inaugural Asia-Pacific Underwater Cultural Heritage Conference. With over 80 papers, 3 keynote addresses, and several posters and videos presented during the numerous sessions, the proceedings from this event represent perhaps the single best collection of work done in this region. In an effort to help share this scholarship with our colleagues worldwide, the conference organizers and the MUA have teamed up to make the proceedings freely available online. The advanced search function allows visitors to search across all abstracts, titles, and authors and to view the PDFs of each talk.
To view the proceedings please click the link on the MUA homepage here:
- Underwater Cultural Heritage Management
- Artefacts from Underwater sites
- Underwater archaeology
- Nautical (Ship and boat) archaeology
- Submerged site archaeology
- Intangible underwater cultural heritage
- to exchange and disseminate information about underwater cultural heritage in Asia and the countries of the Indian and Pacific Oceans
- to facilitate professional development for underwater archaeologists and underwater cultural heritage managers in the Asia-Pacific region
- to provide a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas and approaches about underwater cultural heritage and underwater archaeology
- To publish the proceedings both online and in print and disseminate to a wide audience