Training Workshop on the Convention on the Protection of Underwater Cultural Heritage in Teheran (Iran)
This year (2011) marks the 10th anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on the Protection of Underwater Cultural Heritage by UNESCO. On this occasion, the Iranian National Commission for UNESCO organises a one-day training workshop on Monday, 20 June.
Keynote speakers of the meeting will be:
- Dr Naser Nowroz-zadeh Chegini, Researcher in underwater cultural heritage,
- Mr Mohammad Mirshokraee, Researcher in intangible heritage,
- Dr Alizadeh, Head of the Research Centre for Marine Sciences,
- Ms Lak from the Iranian Geological Survey,
- Dr Saeidabadi, Secretary General of the Iranian National Commission for UNESCO and
- Mr Etienne Clement, Deputy Director of UNESCO Office in Bangkok.
These keynote speakers introduce the audience to the 2001 Convention and address issues relating to achieving the Convention objectives and the Iranian efforts for promoting the Convention. A question and answer session wraps up the meeting.
The meeting’s target audiences are experts on the Iranian Cultural Heritage Handicrafts and Tourism Organisation, Iran-ICOMOS, ICOM, National Watchdog for Remnants of Natural and Cultural Heritage, the National Oceanographic Commission, Iranian National Committee for IOC and Iran Geological Survey.
For more information on this meeting, please contact Ms Sadry Sharifi.