Finance and Budget Administration (ED/EO/FBA)
The major activities of this unit are:
- Regular Programme: helping prepare the budget; answering financial queries; preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports; providing inputs for Executive Board; managing budget for Participation Programme and resolving budgetary matters that arise during programme implementation.
- Extra budgetary Projects: providing assistance in the preparation of financial project documentation and supporting the implementation and completion of projects within the Sector.
- liaising with and supporting Institutes and Centres, regional bureaus and field offices; contributing to regional strategies; preparing briefings for the Director-General; acting as focal point for NGOs; contributing to reports for the UN General Assembly; and building cooperation with UN sister agencies.
- managing all contracts, travel, meetings and conferences including creating purchase orders.
- General administration: providing advice on the application of Financial Rules and Regulations; recommending finance and budget structures; liaising with administrative units and central services of UNESCO; coordinating requests for supplies and equipment; ensuring that premises are well maintained; and dispatching of mail.
- Information Technology and Logistic Support: managing the internet, intranet and telephone networks and providing support to sector on email and other application issues.
Ms Amita VOHRA
Finance & Administrative Officer, Chief of Unit
Mr Mahmoud ABOU KHATWA
Assistant Finance Officer
Ms Kongit GUEBRE-XAVIER
Senior Administrative Assistant
Ms Anh-Minh TRAN
Senior Accounting/Finance Assistant
Ms Ramatoulay KEITA
Ms Sandra AGOSTO-VEEREN
Back to top