Unit for Institutes and External Relations (ED/EO/IER)
The major activities of this unit are:
- liaising with and supporting Institutes and Centres and assisting the Assistant Director-General in his contacts with their respective Directors.
- ensuring the functioning of the education sector Working Group on Institutes/Centres and representing the sector at related meetings.
- ensuring liaison with Regional bureaux and Field Offices as part of the accountable decentralization framework (a system for creating a unified management structure)
- contributing to UNESCO’s regional strategies.
- assisting the Assistant Director-General with representatives of Member States, ambassadors, parliamentarians, goodwill ambassadors etc.
- preparing briefings for the Assistant Director-General and Sector contributions to briefings for the Director-General.
- acting as the Sector’s focal point for NGOs.
- contributing to reports on the implementation of the UN General Assembly resolutions.
- building cooperation with UN sister agencies and external partners.
- coordinating the implementation of programmes linked to UNESCO’s prizes, anniversaries, fellowships and goodwill ambassadors
Ms Elizabeth FORDHAM
Chief of Unit
Ms Diariata COULIBALY
Ms Joyce POAN
Ms Marie-France DESPRIN