- Involve school students (at primary and secondary levels) in hands-on activities, particularly in the scientific observation, measurement and analysis of beaches utilizing an inter-disciplinary approach;
- Enhance school-community cooperation
- Integrate the Sandwatch approach into school curricula and contribute to the Decade on Education for Sustainable Development
- Assist school students, with the help of local communities, in applying their information and knowledge to the wise management and enhancement of their beaches, in giving due attention to local and indigenous knowledge;
- Build ecosystem resilience and thereby contribute to climate change adaptation.