1. Higher education institutions recognized by competent authorities
- Directory of recognized university institutions in Argentina (Spanish):
This Directory is managed by the National Commission for University Evaluation and Accreditation (CONEAU) with information provided by the University Policies Secretariat.
2. Higher education programmes recognized by competent authorities
- Directory of Argentinean recognized university programmes (Spanish):
Programs listed are those officially recognized by the Ministry of Education through the National Department of University Management, as well as those which already have their accreditation granted by the National Commission for University Evaluation and Accreditation.
3. Information for students planning to study in the country
- How can I get more information about Argentinean universities?
Information on Argentinean university institutions: Programmes and admission requirements (Spanish)
- Do I need to pass a language test to qualify for admission in an Argentine university?
Language certificate recognized by the Ministry of Education, assessing oral and written communicative skills of Spanish as a Foreign Language (Spanish)
4. Information on the higher education system
- Educational System Description(Spanish)
Information about the educational system in Argentina.
- University Education (Spanish)
Information about the university system in Argentina.
- University Competent Bodies (Spanish)
The coordinating and consulting university bodies are the National Interuniversity Council, the Private University President Council, the Regional Councils for Higher Education Planning.
- Ministries/departments responsible for education (Spanish)
Ministry of Education units of interest for foreign students. Other Ministry units of interest. National Commission for University Evaluation and Accreditation.
5. Information on foreign credential assessment and recognition
- Procedures (Spanish)
Foreign students living in Argentina. Non-resident foreign students. Visa and study validation. Secondary school Study Validation. Professional practice in Argentina.
- Orientation Units (Spanish)
There are units specialized in foreign students’ orientation, in particular, in aspects related to recognition of foreign studies.
- Information about foreign studies recognition – Competent bodies (Spanish)
National Department of University Management – University Policies Secretariat – ME. Department of National Validation of Degree and Diploma Certificates.
6. Information on financial assistance opportunities
- Information on financial assistance opportunities for international students planning to study in Argentina (Spanish)
The International Cooperation Department, Ministry of Education, the National Program of International Scholarships (PNBU), the National Liaison Unit for University International Cooperation (ENCIU) are units specialized in foreign students’ orientation and financial assistance.
7. Cross-border higher education
- Description (Spanish)
The Argentine university system has foreign and international campus branches and virtual and distance education offerings.
- Specialized units and issues (Spanish)
The Higher education internationalization and international cooperation – SPU, the National Department of International Cooperation – ME, The National Department of University Management – SPU, the Promoting Argentine Universities, the National Commission for University Evaluation and Accreditation are specialized units dealing with cross-border issues in Argentina.
8. National information centre
- List of specialized units (Spanish)
The Coordination of Research and Statistical Information Unit (CIIE) and the University Information System Unit (SIU) are specialized units in charge of the national information.
9. Other information sources
10. Definitions of key terms