A recognized higher education institution in the Republic of Lithuania holds a license to operate as higher education provider and offers study programmes, which are accredited and registered in the Register of Study and Teaching Programmes.
Official information on recognised higher education institutions and registered and accredited study programmes is available at www.aikos.smm.lt
1. Higher education institutions recognized by competent authorities
- Education and Science Institutions (Lithuanian)
Recent lists of recognized educational institutions in Lithuania. Please choose the English version and click on “Institutions”.
2. Higher education programmes recognized by competent authorities
- Study Programmes
Recent list of accredited study programmes in Lithuania. Please choose the English version and click on “Programmes”.
3. Information for students planning to study in the country
- Admission to Higher Education Institutions
Information on admissions, the academic calendar, and tips for prospective students.
- Study programmes in English
A list of study programmes offered in English.
4. Information on the higher education system
- Description of the education system
An overview of the system of higher education in Lithuania.
- Education in Lithuania
Education in Lithuania
- Competent bodies
Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (Lithuanian ENIC/NARIC)
- Ministries/departments responsible for education
Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania
- Quality assurance mechanisms
Information on quality assurance in higher education
Assessment of Research and Higher Education Institutions.
5. Information on foreign credential assessment and recognition
- Description (procedures)
Information on assessment and the recognition of foreign qualifications concerning higher education in Lithuania.
Legislation of Qualifications Recognition
A list of legal acts governing assessment and the recognition of foreign credentials in Lithuania.
Recognition of Regulated Professional Qualifications
List of regulated professions in Lithuania and contacts for further information.
- Competent bodies
Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education
Recognition of foreign qualifications giving access to higher education and higher education qualifications.
Ministry of Economy
Coordination of recognition of regulated professional qualifications.
6. Information on financial assistance opportunities
- For national students planning to study abroad:
Uzsienio saliu (fondu) stipendijos studijoms, stazuotems (Lithuanian)
Information on study scholarships and internships abroad.
- For international students planning to study in the country:
State Student Loans
A portal providing information on state student loans offered by the Lithuanian State Science and Studies Foundation.
Lithuanian State Scholarships
Information on scholarships for study and research in Lithuania.
7. Cross-border higher education:
- Not available
8. National information centre: