For a definition of what "Recognized Higher Education Institution" means in Mexico:
1. Higher education institutions recognized by competent authorities
- List of recognized higher education institutions in Mexico
In the Directory of the Subsecretaría de Educación Superior (SES) higher education institutions, one can consult all of the institutions that offer higher education in Mexico. This is the SES site that offers information about the Mexican higher education system.
Instituciones Universitarias Reconocidas por las Autoridades Competentes en el País (Spanish)
2. Higher education programmes recognized by competent authorities
- List of recognized higher education programmes in Mexico
Quality programs evaluated by the Comités Interinstitucionales para la Evaluación de la Educación Superior (CIEES) and/or accredited organizations recognized by the Consejo para la Acreditación de la Educación Superior (COPAES), and for postgraduate programs, please consult the web page of the Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONACYT), where the Programa Nacional de Posgrados de Calidad (PNPC) is presented.
Carreras (Programas) Universitarias Reconocidas por su Calidad por los CIEES y COPAES (Spanish)
3. Information for students planning to study in the country
- For both undergraduate and postgraduate programs
This section has easy identifiable information related to educational offers from the major higher education institutions (IES) of Mexico.
Información para Estudiantes que Planean Estudiar en el País (Spanish)
4. Information on higher education system
- Information on the Education system in Mexico
Higher education begins after High School (level medium high). It consists of three levels: Technical College or level 5 B (also known as associates degree), bachelor’s degree (undergraduate), and postgraduate. This section presents information about Education System in Mexico.
Información sobre el Sistema Universitario (Spanish)
5. Information on foreign credential assessment and recognition
- Information on recognition of studies realized in foreign countries
The Dirección General de Profesiones (DGP) of the Secretaría de Educación Pública (SEP) make different transactions related to acknowledgement of certificates of study, of university degrees and the supervision of the professional practice.
Información sobre el Reconocimiento de Estudios Realizados en el Extranjero (Spanish)
6. Information on financial assistance opportunities
- Information about opportunities for financial support
The Secretaria de Relaciones Exteriores (SRE), through the Direccion General de Asuntos Culturales, which presents the information directed towards international students that want to obtain a scholarship to study in Mexico.
Información sobre Oportunidades de Apoyo Financiero (Spanish)
7. Cross-border higher education
- Transnational higher education
This section presents higher education institutions with virtual education and/or agreements with institutions from abroad.
Educación Superior Transnacional (Spanish)
8. National information centre
- Information systems and university statistics
This section presents all the information from the United States of Mexico’s education system.
Sistemas de Información y Estadísticas Universitarias (Spanish)
9. Other information sources
- Other Sources of Information
On the official site of the government of Mexico there is information available concerning culture, education, laws, tourism, and other services in Mexico.
Otras Fuentes de Información (Spanish)
10. Definitions of key terms
To facilitate the reading and an adequate interpretation of the Mexican High Education System, a definition of used terms is presented in this page.
Glosario de Términos (Spanish)