For a definition of what "Recognized Higher Education Institution" means in Pakistan:
Recognized Higher Education Institution means ‘a University/Degree Awarding Institution granted Charter by Government of Pakistan and accredited by the Higher Education Commission.’
1. Higher education institutions recognized by competent authorities
2. Higher education programmes recognized by competent authorities
- Recognition of Higher Education Programmes
Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates awarded by chartered/recognized universities/degree awarding institutions of Pakistan are recognized by the Higher Education Commission. However, holders of professional qualifications are required to get their qualifications registered with the relevant professional bodies of Pakistan.
3. Information for students planning to study in the country
- For international students planning to study in Pakistan
- For national students planning to study in Pakistan
4. Information on higher education system
- Description of the education system
Information on the Education system in Pakistan.
- Ministries/departments responsible for education
Ministry of Education.
- Quality assurance mechanisms
Quality Assurance Mechanism in Pakistan.
5. Information on foreign credential assessment and recognition
- Description (procedures)
Equivalence/Recognition of foreign higher education qualifications.
- Competent bodies
Higher Education Commission.
6. Information on financial assistance opportunities
- For national students planning to study abroad
Financial Assistance for Pakistani students to study abroad.
- For international students planning to study in the country
Procedure for admission of foreign students in Pakistan.
7. Cross-border higher education
8. National information centre
9. Other information sources