UNLD final evaluation
As global coordinator for the United Nations Literacy Decade (UNLD, 2003-2012), UNESCO is currently organizing a final evaluation to examine the way countries and development partners implemented the UNLD and its International Plan of Action. The UN Secretary-General will present key findings of the UNLD final evaluation with specific recommendations for the post-Decade period at the sixty-eighth session of the UN General Assembly in 2013.
This final evaluation will highlight major advances in literacy during the Decade and outline remaining challenges. It will also examine possible ways to advance the literacy agenda by outlining a post-Decade literacy vision and action.
- Report submitted to the UN General Assembly “United Nations Literacy Decade: education for all” (A/68/201)
- Report on UNLD final evaluation submitted to the 192th session of the UNESCO Executive Board (192EX/7)
- Report on UNLD final evaluation submitted to the 37th session of the UNESCO General Conference (37 C/58)
- National progress reports for the Global Report on Adult Learning and Education and the UNLD final evaluation (2012)
- Report Expert Meeting on UNLD Evaluation, (9 –10 May2011
- EFA Global Monitoring Reports
- Second Global Report on Adult Learning and Education
- LIFE Mid-term Evaluation Report Package
- The Global Literacy Challenge: A profile of youth and adult literacy at the mid-point of the United Nations Literacy Decade 2003-2012, UNESCO, 2009
- UNLD Human Development Reports
- The World Development Reports, The World Bank
- Final report of the EU High Level Group of Experts on Literacy (2012)
- Country Papers: Status and Major Challenges of Literacy prepared for the Eighth E-9 Ministerial Review Meeting (June 2010)