5th Meeting, Beijing, China, 28-30 November 2005
The 5th meeting of the High-Level Group on Education for All brought together several heads of State and Government, some thirty Ministers of Education and of International Cooperation, senior officials of development agencies and representatives from civil society and the private sector. Drawing on the findings of the EFA Global Monitoring Report 2006 - Literacy for Life, the High-Level Group focused on the following issues:
• Enhancing commitment to literacy and gender equality
• Investing in education for rural people
• Strengthening partnerships through the EFA Global Action Plan
• Translating EFA aid commitments into reality
• Taking stock of FTI experience and progress in aid effectiveness.