2010 MDG Summit Exhibition
Towards the Millennium Development Goals,
New York, 9 September - 20 November 2010
Education is the linchpin of human development. It helps people fight poverty, and empowers them with the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to shape a better future.
On the occasion of the high-level summit on the Millennium Development Goals United Nations headquarter, 20-22 September), UNESCO and the Education for All Global Monitoring Report are presenting ‘EDUCATION COUNTS’, an exhibition highlighting the ways education brings the other millennium goals within reach. With only five years until the 2015 deadline, governments can no longer afford to neglect education and its vital role in empowering people.
- Booklet "Education Counts"
- Facts & Figures | Russian
- Introduction by the UN Secretary-General and UNESCO's Director-General
- World Education Blog - Education is the catalyst for the millennium goals
- UNESCOPRESS - World leaders and experts meet to raise the profile of education on the development agenda
- Media coverage
Exhibition designed by Zago
Take the Virtual Tour
(best viewed fullscreen)
MDGs & Education
- Education and the Millennium Development Goals
- UNESCO co-hosts Round Table on education at MDG Summit