Literacy for Life
The EFA Global Monitoring Report 2006 aims to shine a stronger policy spotlight on the more neglected goal of literacy - a foundation not only for achieving EFA but, more broadly, for reaching the overarching goal of reducing human poverty.
- Literacy: the core of Education for All
- EFA progress: where do we stand?
- Country efforts: increasing momentum
- International commitments: time to act
- Why literacy matters
- Understandings of literacy
- Mapping the global literacy challenge
- The making of literate societies
- Good policy, good practice
- Setting priorities for action