Sub-Saharan Africa’s Education Challenge
UNESCO warns that shortfalls in aid threaten to derail efforts to get sub-Saharan Africa’s 32 million out-of-school children into classroom.
On current trends there will still be 23 million African children out of school by 2015. Just over one adult in three cannot read or write.
Africa has some of the world’s deepest inequalities based on factors such as gender, language and location.
- Don’t break the aid promise to Africa’s children
– UNESCO Press release, 7 July 2010
- Map – Sub-Saharan Africa’s Education Challenge
- Brief – Education in sub-Saharan Africa
- New figures on aid to education
At the World Cup