Major repositories of authoritative statistics
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS)
The UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS), founded in 1999 and based in Montreal, Canada is a major partner and source of data used in preparing the EFA Global Monitoring Report.
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The statistics section of the Human Development Report Office website provides data from the Human Development Report (HDR) and resources to help you better understand these data.
- United Nations Population Division (UNPD)
The United Nations Statistics Division compiles and disseminates global statistical information, develops standards and norms for statistical activities, and supports countries’ efforts to strengthen their national statistical systems.
- The World Bank - Education data
As part of the international statistical system, the World's Bank Data Group works with other organizations on new statistical methods, data collection activities, and statistical capacity-building programs.
- The World Bank - EdStats
- The World Education Indicators (WEI)
A joint UIS-OECD programme that develops policy-relevant education indicators with national coordinators from 13 middle-income countries.
- United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD)
The Statistics Division is responsible for the collection and dissemination of economic and social statistics and the provision of assistance to Member States
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
The Statistics Portal provides free access to some OECD databases as well as extracts from all other databases, classified by topic.
- Statistical Office of the European Communities (Eurostat)
- International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED)