UNESCO, through its networked central units, institutes and field offices, provides a variety of capacity-building services within the ministries in charge of education and training as well as for the benefit of various national stakeholders.
In the field of educational policies and strategies, the current focus is put on strengthening national capacities to design coherent education policies and credible sector-wide plans within the framework of EFA and with necessary inter-sectoral linkages.
The areas of technical assistance and capacity-building include, among others:
- Education management information systems;
- Education sector analyses and policy reviews;
- Education policy formulation;
- Policy simulation and resource projection techniques;
- Educational expenditure and finance frameworks;
- Monitoring and evaluation mechanisms;
- SWAps and donor coordination.