ASPnet Japanese students visit to UNESCO, Paris
Within the framework of the ESD International Exchange Programme, organized by the National Federation of UNESCO Associations in Japan (NFUAJ) and sponsored by the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, a group of ten Japanese high school students from different UNESCO Associated Schools in Japan accompanied by their teachers visited UNESCO on Wednesday 27 July 2011.
Students shared their ASPnet activities in relation to ESD-related issues, cultural understanding, world heritage, peace and human rights and discussed with UNESCO officials the role of youth and ASPnet in raising awareness and engaging in actions towards a more sustainable society.
Furthermore, they had the opportunity to make a courtesy visit to the Deputy Director General of UNESCO and enjoyed a wonderful guided tour of the headquarters.
Japanese ASPnet Schools:
- Hokkaido Noboribetsu Akebi Secondary School
- Morioka Chuo High School
- Shibuya Senior High School
- Mita High School
- Ikeda Senior High School Attached to Osaka Kyoiku University
- Hagoromo Gakuen High School
- Nara Women's University Secondary School
- Yakage Senior High School