Date of the 194th session:
2 - 15 April 2014
The next Information Meeting will take place on Wednesday 12 February 2014 at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
The Executive Board in brief
Back to top
- The Executive Board is one of the three constitutional organs of UNESCO (the others being the General Conference and the Secretariat).
- It is elected by the General Conference.
- Acting under the authority of the General Conference the Board examines the programme of work for the Organization and corresponding budget estimates submitted to it by the Director-General.
- It consists of 58 Member States, each with a four-year term of office.
- It meets twice a year except for the General Conference year, when it meets additionally after the General Conference has finished.
Non-Member States of the Board, intergovernmental organizations, non-governmental organizations and movements are invited as observers.