4 July 2013: 5th Special Session of the Executive Board
Pursuant to 191 EX/Decision 15 (II), the Executive Board will hold a special session on 4 July 2013 to consider the report of the working group established by the aforesaid decision
· 23 and 24 May 2013
· 10 and 11 June 2013
Date of the 192nd session
23 September-11 October 2013
The Executive Board in brief
- The Executive Board is one of the three constitutional organs of UNESCO (the others being the General Conference and the Secretariat).
- It is elected by the General Conference.
- Acting under the authority of the General Conference the Board examines the programme of work for the Organization and corresponding budget estimates submitted to it by the Director-General.
- It consists of 58 Member States, each with a four-year term of office.
- It meets twice a year except for the General Conference year, when it meets additionally after the General Conference has finished.
Non-Member States of the Board, intergovernmental organizations, non-governmental organizations and movements are invited as observers.