Chairman: Professor Emeritus Dr. Montri Chulavatnatol
- Professor Emeritus and Advisor, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Chairman of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Science Section and member of the Executive Board, National Research Council of Thailand.
- Vice President of the Council of Science and Technology Professionals, Thailand.
- Member of Committee on Exemption of Import Duty for Educational, Scientific and Cultural Materials in Accordance with UNESCO
Florence Agreement, Thailand.
- Advisor, Thailand Center of Excellence for Life Sciences, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Member of the University Council, Rajamongala University of Technology, Thayaburi, Thailand.
- Member of the Board, College of Management, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Member of the Academic Review Committee, Asian University, Thailand.
Professional Experiences and Achievements in Brief:
Born in 1942 and brought up in Bangkok, Prof. Chulavatnatol received his B.Sc. (First Class Honours) in Biochemistry from University of New South Wales, Australia (1966). He received his Ph.D. from University of California, Los Angeles (1971). Prof. Chulavatnatol worked at Department of Biochemistry, Mahidol University during 1971-2001. He was appointed a Professor of Biochemistry in 1983. and served as Chairman during 1976-1980. Prof. Chulavatnatol received Mahidol University Research Award (1977) and Science and Technology Award from Thailand Toray Science Foundation (1996). He also received Award for Youth Service, Office of the Prime Minister (1997), Mahidol Alumni Association Award (2006) and Senior Scientist Award from the Science Society of Thailand (2010).
Prof Chulavatnatol research focused on lectins and enzymes involved in male reproductive biology and cassava. His findings help in understanding how egg and sperm interact. His team also characterized several novel enzymes in cassava that causes cyanogenesis. Prof. Chulavatnatol trained 25 M.Sc. and 11 Ph.D. students.
Prof. Chulavatnatol has been active at various levels of scientific and academic administration. He was appointed a Vice-President of Mahidol University (1994-1995). He was a co-founder and Deputy Director of the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA) of Thailand. He served as President of the Science Society of Thailand (1994-1998), President of the Kenan Institute Asia (2001-2004), Director of the Agricultural Research Development Agency (2005-2007), founder and Vice President of the Council of Science and Technology Professionals (2009-) and science representative to UNESCO General Conferences (2001-). To most students, Prof. Chulavatnatol is best remembered as the Editor of the most famous Thai textbook for biochemistry that has long been served as the first reading in biochemistry for Thai students for more than 35 years.
Tel: +33 (0)1 45 68 51 48
- Nikita SIKATCHEV (Russian Federation )
- Ruy de FREITAS CIARLINI (Brazil)
- Manda KIZABI (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- Mohamed EL-ZAHABY (Egypt)