Call for applications: “Travel to learn arts and crafts” Internship in France
The “Travel to learn arts and crafts” programme is developed by UNESCO and the Fondation Culture & Diversité, with support from the General Inspectorate of Applied Arts of the French Ministry of Education, partner schools of applied arts and crafts and with artisan enterprises.
The aim of this programme is to enable arts and crafts students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds to complete a study tour abroad. It helps students launch their professional career by enabling them to work in a professional environment; acquire new skills and cultural experiences abroad; design and create innovative objects; develop a professional network and participate and present their work at international fairs.
This programme offers selected students – students in arts and crafts, recipients of scholarships and awards - the opportunity to complete a study tour in France for 4 months within craft workshops or business. UNESCO and the Fondation Culture & Diversité provide help for logistical, financial and strategic arrangements.
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION
Applicants must be students near the end of their syllabus, but not yet professionals.
They must meet all the following criteria:
- Level of study of at least 2 years
- Enrolled in schools /institutes /universities of applied arts and crafts
- Recipients of scholarships and awards
- must complete the application form : they must apply for one of the study tours suggested by the programme, discuss their overall motivation and interest for the programme and the techniques they will acquire, and show their interest in the French culture;
- must join pictures of their work;
- must join a video presentation : length 4 to 6 minutes / content: presentation of themselves, of their motivation, of what they want to learn/discover thanks to the programme, and of their future professional project.
Applications must be submitted by 16 December 2013.
<- Back to: UNESCO Office in Ha Noi