Vacancies at the UNESCO Viet Nam Office in Ha Noi
UNESCO Viet Nam periodically publishes announcements of local vacancies on this page.
UNESCO Viet Nam, a member of the UN team, is seeking a qualified, service-oriented and proactive national Gender Specialist for the programme on “Gender Equality and Girls’ Education in Viet Nam: Empowering girls and women for a more equal society”.
The Gender Specialist will be responsible for providing and ensuring quality gender expertise for programme implementation and will:
- Produce training materials and facilitate and evaluate trainings, including training for education managers, the community, media professionals, students and others;
- Produce guidelines and checklists and develop activities for schools, parents and communities; - Provide technical inputs and guidance on gender mainstreaming in education policies and plans;
- Produce content and activities for e-learning courses for teachers and education managers;
- Develop surveys and consultations on gender-based violence in schools, gender equality in education planning and gender stereotyping in education;
- Verify the quality of deliverables by consultants and stakeholders;
- Monitor, document and report results.
- University degree in gender, education, human rights, social sciences, management or other related fields;
- Training on gender is an asset for non-gender related degrees;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in gender-related programmes and activities with at least three (3) years of experience in education;
- Understanding of related national legislation, strategies, plans and international frameworks;
- Knowledge of results‐based management (RBM) is an asset;
- Ability to produce quality work with accuracy in a timely fashion and to meet deadlines;
- Service-oriented, motivated individual with the capacity to work well within a team;
- Native command of Vietnamese and high proficiency in English (proficiency will be tested).
How to apply:
A letter of motivation and CV in English indicating qualifications and experience relevant to the position, together with a completed UN Personal History form (P11), should be sent to the following address by 17.30, 30 June 2015:
Administrative Section, UNESCO Office
23 Cao Ba Quat Street, Ha Noi
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.Back to top