Vacancies at the UNESCO Viet Nam Office in Ha Noi
Assistant to Head of Office
UNESCO Viet Nam, is seeking a qualified, service-oriented and proactive Assistant to Head of Office.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Field Office (HFO), the Assistant to the HFO performs a variety of administrative and office support duties related to the HFO’s activities and representative duties, administrative services related to programme management and supports the flow and management of information within the Office. In this context, the incumbent will:
- Manages the agenda of the HFO including scheduling of appointments, receiving visitors, supporting communications (phone, email and other) and prioritizes workflow through the HFO Office and distribution of information throughout the office. The assistant makes travel and hotel arrangements and prepares travel authorizations/ claims for the HFO and facilitates participation of National Commission for Viet Nam and government counterparts to national, regional and global UNESCO events.
- Initiates and processes a variety of contractual and administrative documents including follow up and timely completion of impending actions. Uses word processing, spreadsheets and presentation packages to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports, including formatting more complex letters, reports, technical documents, speeches, presentations and other material. Proofreads documents and edits texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, as well as for adherence to established standards for format.
- Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings of the HFO with government, UN and other partners, including preparation of invitation letters; compilation and distribution of working documents and other materials; preparation of minutes; and providing informal transaltion and interpretation from Vietnamese to English. Liaises with UN organizations in the preparation of meetings and events. Supports HFO participation in UNCT, OPFMAC and SMT meetings. Supports internal senior staff meetings.
- Maintains and updates electronic and paper records/files and tracking systems (e.g. information databases, mailing lists, participant lists, correspondence, contracts and budgetary information); ensures the proper establishment and closure of files and safe retention of same; ensure timely processing and response on requests and correspondence.
- Additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.
How to apply:
A letter of motivation in English indicating qualifications and experience relevant to the position, together with completed UN Personal History form (P11) and supporting documents, should be sent to the following address by 10 February 2017 to:
By email: registry(at)unesco.org.vn
UNESCO Ha Noi Office
23 Cao Ba Quat Street, Ha Noi
UNESCO is committed to promoting gender equality. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.Back to top