Advocacy Working Group
The Advocacy Working Group identifies and supports strategic advocacy opportunities to advance the focus on education sector responses to HIV and AIDS.
Working Group Tasks
- Support the implementation of the IATT advocacy strategy;
- Develop proposals, and support the development of sessions on education and HIV at relevant conferences, workshops and other meetings; and
- Develop and support the utilisation of advocacy briefing notes.
Advocacy Briefing Notes
Teachers Living with HIV (pdf)
These briefing notes assist IATT members and other education professionals to advocate for issues related to education sector responses to HIV in meetings, conferences and events – especially those related to the health sector. The notes aim to support the user to:
- develop a short list of bulleted talking points and questions that they might raise in discussion at conferences and events;
- make and support points based on focused and distilled evidence around specific themes;
- deliver consistent messages and positions to non-education professionals as well as education professionals;
- ask relevant questions that advance the cause of education at HIV and AIDS technical and advocacy events; and
- identify potential allies and areas requiring intensified action based on reactions to delivery of messages at these events.