Guidelines for Supporting EDUCAIDS Implementation
The Practical Guidelines for Supporting EDUCAIDS Implementation provide practical and simple guidance that can be used by UNESCO colleagues as well as other partners including UNAIDS Cosponsors, to support the implementation of comprehensive education sector responses to HIV and AIDS at country level.
The Guidelines are organized in five chapters:
- Chapter 1 - Getting Started: Planning Your Support to EDUCAIDS Implementation
- Chapter 2 - Supporting Coordination in the Education Sector Response to HIV and AIDS
- Chapter 3 - Advocating for Comprehensive, Evidence-Based Education Sector Responses to HIV and AIDS
- Chapter 4 - Supporting Planning of Comprehensive, Evidence-Based Education Sector Responses to HIV and AIDS
- Chapter 5 - Resource Mobilization for Comprehensive Education Sector Responses to HIV and AIDS
The first section of each chapter, Concepts and Definitions, discusses the most important aspects of the topic. The second section, What you need to do, describes strategies and activities that staff supporting EDUCAIDS can use to carry out their work. It also provides tips and advice through specific and user-friendly tools. Each chapter lists additional resources that readers can consult. Finally chapters include check lists to be used to ensure that the education sector response to HIV and AIDS is gender responsive and fully takes into consideration the needs of key populations affected by the epidemic.
Download the complete Practical Guidelines for Supporting EDUCAIDS Implementation