The Grandmothers of the Plaza de Mayo Organization, represented by its President Mrs Estela Barnes de Carlotto
"The Jury has decided to award the Félix Houphouët-Boigny Peace Prize to the Grandmothers of the Plaza de Mayo, a non-governmental organization based in Argentina, in recognition of its tireless battle over more than thirty years in favour of human rights, justice and peace.
The Award Ceremony of the Félix Houphouët-Boigny Peace Prize was held on 14 September 2011, at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
The ceremony was attended by several personalities including:
- Mr Blaise Compaoré, President of the Faso
- Mr Abdoulaye Wade, President of the Republic of Senegal
- Mrs Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, President of the Republic of Argentina
- Mr Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz, President of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania
- Mr Alassane Dramane Ouattara, President of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire
- Mrs Rose Francine Rogombe, President of the Senate of the Republic of Gabon
- Mr Brigi Rafini, Prime Minister of the Republic of Niger
- Mr Pascal Iréné Koupaki, Prime Minister of the Republic of Benin
- Mr Michel Mercier, Minister of Justice of the French Republic
All use of photos is subject to the authorization of the Executive Secretariat of the Félix Houphouët-Boigny Peace Prize (UNESCO).Back to top