UNESCO Internet Study
Following UNESCO’s 196 Executive Board Resolution, the finalized comprehensive Internet Study is hereby launched in English and French so as to inform the forthcoming 38th session of the General Conference of UNESCO in November 2015.
The transnational and multi-dimensional nature of Cyberspace and its growing importance presents new frontiers with unparalleled opportunities and challenges for access to information and knowledge, freedom of expression, privacy and ethics.
The Internet Study being undertaken by UNESCO is seeking to provide the necessary clarity to support holistic approaches to addressing this broad range of interrelated issues as well as their short and long-term effects. >> More
Keystones to foster inclusive Knowledge Societies
Download the publication:
The deadline for written comments for the final study was 15th March 2015.
- Outcome document of the CONNECTing-the-dots conference
- Internet Draft Report - simple version (PDF)
- First published version of Draft Internet Study (PDF - ePUB)
- Concept paper for the consultations
- Sub-studies and background resources
- Submissions to the questionnaire
Comments and questions to Internetstudy(at)unesco.org
Twitter hashtag: #netstudy