Administrative and Project Assistant for Culture
Unit: Culture Unit, UNESCO Office, Jakarta
Job title: Administrative and Project Assistant
Duty station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration of contract: one year
Starting date: April 2014
Closing date of application: 15 March 2014
I. Description of Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Director of UNESCO Office, Jakarta, and the direct supervision of the Head of the Culture Unit, the incumbent shall perform the following functions:
Under the supervision of Programme Specialist for Culture, the subscriber will perform the following tasks:
(i) Assist the Culture Unit in the implementation of the Culture Unit’s activities as Administrative and Project Assistant.
(ii) Provide both administrative and logistical assistance in implementing CLT regular programme and extra-budgetary project activities, especially extra-budgetary project activities namely “First phase project for the revitalisation of Kota Tua, Jakarta through sustainable tourism and heritage conservation”;.
(iii) Assist in the communication with Government line agencies, I/NGOs, UN agencies and relevant universities and institutions with regards to the implementation of the culture programme activities.
(iv) Assist in the implementation of culture activities, responsible for day-to-day correspondence, information sharing with counterparts and ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken;
(v) Assist the Culture Unit in the translation of working documents and any other relevant files from English to Indonesia and/or v.v.
(vi) Assist the Culture Unit in the preparation of the office’s website updates.
(vii) Undertake necessary missions, if required, to assist the implementation of culture programme activities.
(viii) Perform other duties related to UNESCO Culture Programme activities as assigned by the Programme Specialist or the Director of UNESCO Office, Jakarta.
(ix) Submit a report on the activities carried out in the UNESCO Office, Jakarta at the end of the contract period.
- Fluency in spoken and written in Indonesian and English, as well as possess the ability to draft documents and express views in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to work as a team member as well as work independently with minimum supervision, with efficiency, competence, integrity and in harmony with people of different national backgrounds
- Ability to identify prioritized activities and assignments as well as manage time to ensure work is completed to deadlines and targets
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze complex issues.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy and paying attention to details.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
III. EDUCATION AND TRAINING BACKGROUND:
- University graduate with interest in culture related discipline;
- At least 4 (four) year relevant experience in project management with local and/or international organizations
- Having strong computer literacy skills with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Please send a cover letter, CV and P-11 form (UNESCO Personnel History form to jakarta(at)unesco.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquiries will be accepted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. UNESCO reserves the right to accept or reject any application.Back to top