Administrative Assistant for Culture
Post title : Administrative Assistant for Culture
Unit : Culture Unit, UNESCO Office, Jakarta
Grade : SC-4
Duty station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration of Appointment : 4 months, until 02/08/2017
Starting date : 03/04/2017
Contract Type : Service Contract
Closing date of Application : 23/02/2017
1. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the authority of the Director of UNESCO Office Jakarta, and under the direct supervision of the Head of Culture Unit, the incumbent shall serve as Administrative Assistant for Culture Unit, UNESCO Office Jakarta, cluster Office for Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Timor-Leste. The incumbent shall undertake the following tasks:
- Take minutes or transcribe from recordings; draft routine correspondence; assemble a variety of information from office files, records, reports or from other sources and present it in requested format;
- provide administrative support for meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars, maintain travel schedules, make travel arrangements, monitor travel and prepare related reports, take notes and draft minutes as required;
- In conformity with approved schedules and general instructions, initiate administrative actions, update and track computer assisted processing for but not limited to travel, planned seminars, workshops and training sessions, contract drafting and assist in the preparation of relevant documentation in line with administrative Rules and Regulations;
- Initiate claims and advances by verifying conformity with program schedules, administrative rules and funds; verify validity, propriety and accuracy of documents; check compliance of vouchers and invoices for a variety of claims and payments requests and initiate payment request process for signature by the Head of the Unit;
- Assist in maintaining regular update of UNESCO Jakarta website;
- Assemble information for consolidation into budget estimation and related work plans for specific program activities;
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring that reporting and financial disbursements are in line with UNESCO’s rules and regulation;
- Register all incoming correspondences (letters, faxes, and electronic mail), documents and other materials and responsible in the distribution to the designee;
- Create and maintain unit's systematic filing and reference system, create background material on assigned subjects in consultation with professional staff, determine the nature of supervisors needs and compile appropriate reference material;
- Maintain a data file for contracts and their time frame. Assist in monitoring the contracts and suggest any appropriate actions to ensure timely receipt of the deliverables. Send a reminder to supervisor for any delayed milestones;
2. REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
- Holds at least Diploma Degree (D3) preferably in administration and/or finance;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in administration with local and/or international organizations.
- Having strong computer skills and internet literate
- Fluency in spoken and written Indonesian and English, as well as ability to draft documents and express views in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to work as a team member as well as work independently with minimum supervision, with efficiency, competence, integrity and in harmony with people of different national backgrounds.
- Ability to identify prioritized activities and assignments as well as manage time to ensure work is completed according to deadlines and targets;
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy and paying attention to details.
All applications in English, with the most recent Curriculum Vitae and UNESCO Personnel History (P-11 form), and a non-returnable passport–size photo should be sent to the Finance and Administrative Officer, UNESCO Jakarta, and received by COB 23 February 2017, to one of the following:
By mail for hard-copy to:
Jl. Galuh II No. 5
By email to jakarta(at)unesco.org with subject the “Vacancy Administrative Assistant for the Culture Unit”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquiries will be accepted.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. UNESCO reserves the right to accept or reject any application.Back to top