Consultant for Need Assessment
Unit: Science Policy and Capacity Building unit
Position/Title: Consultant for Need Assessment
Duty station: Jakarta
Starting Date : October 2014 – March 2015
Duration of Initial Contract : 6 months
Type of contract: Individual Consultant
Closing date of application: 22 September 2014
- Experience implementing training and human capacity development and/or organizational development programs is essential; preference will be given to candidates with experience working with Governments and local NGOs;
- To provide preliminary studies and analysis on Higher Education policies in the Asia Pacific region as background information to develop the MasterClass guidelines;
- To develop a modular curricula design for the MasterClass in the Engineering Sciences and Technology programme addressing the global challenges issues in the Asia-Pacific;
- To develop policy briefs for member states and intergovernmental bodies such as ASEAN on the use of information and communication technologies to promote the technical cooperation and enhance e-learning opportunities;
- Participate in meetings related to the EST programme with project partners, with special attention to the Ministry of Science and Technology, LIPI, Ministry of Education (Directorate General of Higher Education) in Indonesia;
- Submit monthly report including the achievements and pending activities for the effective implementation of the EXB projects together with other related outcome such as:
- Analysis on Higher Education policies in the Asia Pasific region as background information to develop the MasterClass guidelines
- Updated progress reports on the implementation of the current and potential extrabudgetary projects;
- Communication materials (articles, brochures, publications) produced during the contract
Working conditions and schedule:
The position will be based in UNESCO Jakarta office, and working hours shall be the normal working hours of the duty station.
- Professionalism and Knowledge
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze complex issues;
- Ability to identify priority activities and assignments and make necessary adjustments as required;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, with efficiency, competence, integrity and in harmony with people of different backgrounds;
- Team player with track proven record in working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and ensure timely delivery of results.
Planning and Organizing:
Well developed planning and organizational skills, with a reputation for being able to multi-task and meet agreed deadlines;
- Passion to improve project outcomes;
- Proven history of ongoing learning and development of oneself;
- Reputation as a team player;
- Reputation for integrity, openness and respect for diversity;
- Consistency in the quality of interpersonal relationships.
Education: An advanced university degree (Masters Degree or equivalent) in engineering or sciences from a recognized and reputable university.
At least 3 years of successful relevant professional experience as well as professional record in sciences sector and in programme coordination, preferably in governmental, intergovernmental, or non-governmental agencies. Significant experience in development work with an international organization is an advantage;
Excellent oral and written skill in English, in particular the ability to draft documents and express views in a clear and concise manner. Good knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia
would also be desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, information technology, networking and negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of UN systems and procedures is an asset.
All applications in English, with the most recent Curriculum Vitae and P-11 form (UNESCO Personnel History form), and a non-returnable passport-size photo should be sent to the Finance and Administrative Officer, UNESCO Jakarta, and received by COB 22 September 2014, to one of the following:
By mail for hard-copy to :
Back to top
Jl. Galuh II No. 5
By email to jakarta(at)unesco.org with subject the “Vacancy_Consultant for Need Assessment for PCB Unit” cc p.aprilia(at)unesco.org and v.achmad(at)unesco.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquiries will be accepted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. UNESCO reserves the right to accept or reject any application.