Vacancy announcement: Project assistant for culture unit
The UNESCO Office in Kathmandu seeks applications from qualified and experienced candidates of Nepali citizens for the following position:
Position Title : Project Assistant for Culture Unit under JFIT –II (SB 2, Band B, Step 1)
Condition : Full Time based in Kathmandu Office
Contract Type : SC
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall authority and the direct supervision of the UNESCO Representative to Nepal, the incumbent shall perform daily tasks and duties of Culture Unit of UNESCO Kathmandu.
· Assist in carrying out daily tasks, planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities within the Regular and Extra Budgetary Programmes;
· Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the programme activities;
· Assure that project expenditures are in compliance with approved project budgets and follow up for the timely submission of required project reports by contractors;
· Assist in preparation and logistical planning of various events - e.g. meetings, workshops, conferences, seminars, etc including the preparation of minutes;
· Support in arrangement of missions (ticket booking, security clearance, preparing travel orders/records, administration requests such as advance/settlement and other general payments etc) including necessary follow up;
· Travel on field missions whenever possible and required by any project or activity planned under Culture Unit’s Regular and Extra-budgetary programmes and as advised by the UNESCO Head of Office;
· Maintain systematic filing of the projects and related documents (reports, letters, administrative documents, project proposals etc) on a regular basis;
· Assist in preparation of necessary project documents;
· Perform any other duties and undertake any other tasks as requested and assigned by the Head of Office.
Qualification and Experience Required:
The applicant shall
· Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in culture, economics, social or natural science or relevant disciplines;
· Good understanding of Nepalese culture, society, history and related development issues;
· Have 2-3 years of experience in the relevant field;
· Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Knowledge of Nepali is an asset;
· Good reporting and documentation skills with computer knowledge including presentation skills in Photoshop and PowerPoint;
· Possess good interpersonal skills, manage conflicting priorities, be adaptable and show desire to learn;
· Have knowledge of the UN System and in particular of UNESCO’s work especially in Culture sector;
· Be flexible to work in difficult and changing conditions.
Women and members of minority groups including candidates from diverse social groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application including a motivation letter in English and the complete UNESCO CV Form, accompanied by a recent passport size photograph and copies of diplomas to:
UNESCO Representative to Nepal
UNESCO Office in Kathmandu
P.O. Box 14391
The last date for receipt of applications is 8 August 2014 COB. Application forms and post description are available at UNESCO Kathmandu Office, Reception Desk, Sanepa-2, Lalitpur.
The UNESCO CV form and Post Description are available for downloading in the right side column under Files.
<- Back to: UNESCO Office in Kathmandu