21.12.2012 - Social and Human Sciences Sector
<- Back to: All news
Bioethics, youth, human rights - They told us what they think...
During the year 2012, UNESCO’s Sector for Social and Human Sciences has published 10 "big interviews" with eminent personalities and partners of its projects. Whether talking about the challenges of climate change, issues related to bioethics, youth or human rights, all persons interviewed stressed the urgency to see the human dimension placed at the heart of public policies and most of them also recalled how the social and human sciences can be useful in this process.
Below you will find a small selection...
- Raymonde Agossou : “The African Youth Charter is the first legal framework in favor of youth development”
- Henk ten Have: “Ethics education: a challenge for international cooperation”
- Aminata Diaw-Cissé: “We cannot end gender-related violence without understanding the social construction which is the backdrop”
- Lebanese youth at the core of the policy in favor of youth development process
- Stéphane Hessel pays tribute to the significant role played by Archbishop Desmond Tutu in the reconciliation process