UNESCO supports the IRECE International Conference 2014 on “Children´s Right to Education: Progress, Challenges and Dilemmas”
Monash University (Australia) and Universidad Diego Portales (Chile) Department of Education invite you to participate in the International Conference IRECE 2014, from January 8th to 10th on “Children´s <a name="_GoBack">Right</a> to Education: Progress, Challenges and Dilemmas”, to be held in Centro de Extensión Nicanor Parra of Universidad Diego Portales, located at Vergara 324, Santiago, Chile.
The event will explore a wealth of research and innovative experiences related to public policies and practices to deal with challenges of quality and equity in childhood education. The topics are of great importance today, given the need to expand the coverage and improve the quality of childhood education programmes and services swiftly and resolutely, while tackling the issue of inequality of opportunities in development and education that affect children from vulnerable communities in various parts of the world.
This international conference is a continuation of a series of similar biennial events organized since 1994 by Australian Research in Early Childhood Education with the following objectives:
- Examine innovations and challenges in policies and practices of developing an inclusive Early Childhood Education in the global context.
- Analyze evidence on how to tackle problems of quality and equity in Early Childhood Education within different contexts.
- Discuss common issues in research and practice with regards to Early Childhood education in both developed and developing countries.
- Analyze issues, challenges and innovation in teacher training and pedagogical practices.
- Additionally, the organization calls upon interested applicants to apply to be part of panel presentations. Submissions are accepted until August 30th, 2013.
<- Back to: All news