Meeting of experts on the elaboration of a 9th Volume of the General History of Africa
This meeting is organized in Addis Ababa, from 20 to 22 May on the occasion of the celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the creation of the OAU (Organization of the African Unity), the experts will bring together 35 to 40 specialists from Africa and other regions of the world, and representing different backgrounds and fields of specialization (history, sociology, anthropology, culture and arts, economy, environment, gender issues, ICTs, politics, endogenous knowledge, African Diaspora, international relations, sustainable development, heath, education, etc.)
The objectives and expected results of the meeting are:
- To explore recent developments in scientific research and the major contributions to the knowledge of Africa and African Diaspora
- To identify the major events that occurred in Africa since 1990s and the new threats, opportunities and challenges faced by the peoples of the continent
- To revisit the concept and definitions of African Diaspora in light of the trends in the different regions of the world and to identify the challenges that they are facing today
- To develop clear guidelines for the elaboration of the 9th Volume.
For more information, download:
- Concept Paper
- Provisional Agenda
- List of Participants
- General History of Africa Website
- Contact: a.moussa-iye(at)unesco.org; l.diagne(at)unesco.org
The organization of the meeting, as well as the preparation and publication of the 9th volume of the General History of Africa, is made possible thanks to the contribution of the Brazilian Government.
<- Back to: All news