MERCOSUR Science and Technology Award 2013 - registrations are open until August 19
The Science and Technology Specialized Meeting (RECyT) of MERCOSUR announces the central theme of the MERCOSUR Science and Technology Award 2013: "Education for science." Registration is open and paper works can be submitted until August 19th of this year.
The Award is open to students and researchers from Brazil and all the MERCOSUR countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela, and Brazil. Divided into four categories, the award covers from high school to doctorate:
- Scientific Initiation – high school students up to 21 years, with or without guidance from a teacher – Prize: U$ 2,000;
- College Student – college students (no age limit), with or without guidance from a teacher – Prize: U$ $ 3.500;
- Young Researcher – graduated scholars up to 35 years – Prize: U$ 5,000;
- Integration – teams of graduated researchers from at least two of the countries listed (no age limit) – Prize: U$ 10,000.
The award ceremony will be held in date and location to be determined by RECyT/MERCOSUR.
The Award, created by RECyT, is organized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq/Brazil), the Brazilian Competitive Movement (MBC), the Ministry of Science, Technology and Productive Innovation in Argentina, the National Council of Science and Technology in Paraguay and the Ministry of Education and Culture in Uruguay, and has the institutional support of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation in Brazil (MCTI/Brazil), the National Observatory of Science, Technology and Innovation in Venezuela (ONCTI/Venezuela) and the National Confederation of Industry Brazil (CNI/Brazil).
- More information (in Portuguese): http://eventos.unesco.org.br/premiomercosul
<- Back to: All news