Bangladesh: Regional Training Workshop for the Officials of National Commissions
The Regional Training Workshop for the Officials of National Commissions was organized by the Bangladesh National Commission for UNESCO from 30 March to 2 April 2013 in Dhaka – Bangladesh.
The representatives of National Commissions of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Germany, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam attended this workshop. Opening ceremony was held in presence of the Minister of Education of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and Mr. Genc Seiti, Director of the Division of National Commissions and Civil Society and UNESCO Representative.
The workshop was divided into several topics related to the role of National Commissions:
- Ideal situation for governance of National Commissions (statutes, methods of functioning and operational capacities)
- The methodology for regular interactions between the respective field offices and the National Commissions to ensure effective delivery of the five functions
- The Report of the Open-ended Tripartite Working Group
- Education: Educational activities related to UNESCO such as EFA, ESD, EIU, TVET
- Culture: International Conventions such as WHC (1972), ICH (2003) and the Conventions on Diversity of Cultural Expressions (2005) focusing on Regional/Interregional networking and cooperation
- Sciences: Man and Biosphere, IOC, Climate change issue
In conclusion, the participants adopted recommendations linked to the Draft Action plan of the Open-ended Tripartite Working Group on the Follow-up to the Review of the Cooperation of UNESCO’s Secretariat with National Commissions for UNESCO.
<- Back to: All news