SISTER for 35 C/5 and 36 C/5
SISTER – A Consultation Tool: Transparency and Partnership
SISTER or, System of Information on Strategies, Tasks and Evaluation of Results, follows and supports the Results-Based Management (RBM) approach as applied by UNESCO. The system is used to programme and manage UNESCO’s Programme and Budget. Sister also covers the implementation, monitoring and reporting of its regular programme activities as well as extrabudgetary projects.
Both National Commissions and Permanent Delegations have access to SISTER, up to the Main line of Action (MLA) level of the biennial Programme and Budget (C/5), as stipulated by the General Conference.
SISTER enables Permanent Delegations and National Commissions to:
- Access continuously updated biennial Programme and Budget (C/5) document.
- Find supplementary information such as performance indicators for each expected result.
- View validated and approved Complementary Additional Programme (CAP) Extrabudgetary Outlines.
- View validated and approved Participation Programme requests.
- Extract substantive and financial information by topics, results or geographical area (i.e. national, sub-regional or regional), including estimated amount for the benefit of a specific country.
To access SISTER, please go to http://sister.unesco.org and connect using the user name and password provided by the UNESCO Secretariat. Should you have any questions, please contact: natcom(at)unesco.org or sister(at)unesco.org.