Call for proposals: UNESCO/IFESCCO Museum Project in Azerbaijan
Organization and conduction of the Regional UNESCO/ICOM Thematic Museum Training for museum specialists from CIS countries and expert meeting “Museum Service as a Basis for Quality Services to Visitors and the Factor of strengthening of a Social Role of a Museum” in Baku and Sheki region, the Republic of Azerbaijan (4-7 July 2013).
Within the framework of the UNESCO/IFESCCO Pilot Project “Running a Museum – XXI Century: Thematic Regional Capacity-building UNESCO/ICOM Trainings and Expert Meetings for CIS countries” the UNESCO Moscow Office invites interested organizations to submit the letter of interest in coordination and holding of the Regional Thematic Museum Training for museum specialists from CIS countries and expert meeting based on the UNESCO/ICOM Museum Studies Training Package “Museum Service as a Basis for Quality Services to Visitors and the Factor of strengthening of a Social Role of a Museum” to be conducted from 4 to 7 July 2013 in Baku and Sheki region, Azerbaijan.
The project aims at strengthening the role of museums as social, educational and economic actors and increasing capacity of museum professionals in CIS countries in safeguarding the heritage, awareness raising of cultural diversity and economic entrepreneurship in local handicrafts, cultural industries and cultural tourism; providing trainers with necessary knowledge and skills to conduct national trainings based on the UNESCO/ICOM Museum Studies Training Package in their respective countries, as well as reinforcing museum networking and museum-to-museum partnership in CIS countries and contributing to the development of museum field in CIS countries in line with international experience.
The project activities will include organization and conduction of the 3-day Regional Thematic Museum Training for museum specialists from CIS countries and expert meeting on “Museum Service as a Basis for Quality Services to Visitors and the Factor of strengthening of a Social Role of a Museum” in particular, focusing on the support of historic-ethnographic local museums, with participation of 25-30 museum specialists from the CIS countries, including Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Republic of Moldova, the Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan. The list of experts and trainers will be provided by the UNESCO Moscow Office.
In particular, the contractor shall carry out the following tasks:
- Create the Organizing committee in consultation with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Azerbaijan and the National Committee of ICOM of Azerbaijan;
- Organize and conduct the event, ensuring all necessary logistical, technical and organizational arrangements;
- Ensure timely communication and logistical arrangements, including travel and accommodation for participants of the event from the involved countries in accordance with the list provided by the UNESCO Moscow Office;
- In consultation with the UNESCO Moscow Office prepare, design and print out the programme of the event and training materials using the UNESCO/ICOM Museum Studies Training Package in Russian and English;
- Conduct studies and prepare a Policy Brief, including recommendations on Strengthening of a Social Role of Museums in the CIS countries in Russian and English;
- Prepare Final Report on the implemented activities within the Project in Russian and English.
Duration of the project implementation: 15 March – 15 October 2013.
- Strong knowledge of UNESCO priorities, guidelines and programme activities in the museum field
- Experience in cooperation with governmental and research institutions at national and international levels
- Experience in to organization and conduction of events at international level with relevant facilities
- Ability to systematize data and elaborate new approaches
- Capacities to ensure translation, editing and proof-reading in Russian and English
The letter of interest should include the confirmation of expertise in the museum field with detailed relevant information and references, as well as the budget estimate for the implementation of the above mentioned activities with indication of the in-kind contribution of the organization and expected contribution from UNESCO.
Deadline for submission: 28 February 2013. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your letter of interest by e-mail to the UNESCO Moscow Office
for the attention of Ms. Liubava Moreva, Programme Specialist for Culture, to the following addresses: L.Moreva(at)unesco.org;
Fax: +7 (495) 637-3960
Postal address: 15/28, Bolshoi Levshinsky per., bld. 2, 119034 Moscow, Russia
<- Back to: UNESCO Office in Moscow