Practical training course on sustainable sediment management with the Sava River Basin as a showcase
lSI, German IHP National Committee, International Sava River Basin Commission (ISRBC), UNESCO Regional Bureau for Science and Culture in Europe - Venice (Italy), BRGM Geosciences for a sustainable Earth, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Flemish Environment Agency (WMM), Deltares Enabling Delta life and SedNet have contributed to the organization of the Practical training course on sustainable sediment management with the Sava River Basin as a showcase successfully held in Zagreb, Croatia, from 15-18 October 2012.
Experts from Europe, USA as well as national experts from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia exchanged the information on a) sediment balance throughout the river system; b) sediment monitoring; and c) evaluation of sediment quality and quantity.
The participants were asked to transfer their learning experiences into draft practical guidance which would be a basis for development of Sustainable Sediment Management Plan for the Sava River Basin stipulated by the Protocol on Sediment Management to the FASRB.
The agenda, the introduction to the course and all presentations are now available online.
- Agenda Open
- Introduction Open
- Sediment quality – Ecotoxicology Open
- Engineered river systems Open
- Ecosystem functioning & biodiversity – Ecotoxicology Open
- Ecosystem functioning & biodiversity – Ecology Open
- Sediment quality – Geochemistry/environmental chemistry Open
- Sediment budget at a basin scale (including hydrology) Open
- Sediment status Slovenia Open
- Sediment status Croatia Open
- Sediment status Bosnia & Herzegovina Open
- Sediment status Serbia Open
<- Back to: Natural Sciences